This little critter has visited me regularly this week. I hung suet out for the birds, and some bird food to attract cardinals out on the window ledge. I was hoping to see a few of our feathered friends up close and personal — and besides, I didn’t want them to starve during the cold weather months. One morning I heard scratching and scraping outside our window but when I opened the blinds there was just this little guy feasting on the banquet I left for the birds! I knocked on the window but he didn’t budge, just raised his head, looked at me, then went back to his eating. At first I was a little miffed, but he is so cute, how can one stay angry with the little fellow (assuming it is a male; it could be female). After our first introduction, he (or she) has come back every day to taste the goodies. Now s/he scratches on my windows, climbs the screens, or sits and waits patiently for my attention. Ours has come to be a delightful relationship, one that even Richard thinks is charming. I really like my little friend, as long as there is glass between us! I marvel at the surprised nature presents to us if we just pay attention and enjoy. I am grateful when wild ones pay a visit.
***For more on this squirrel, check my primary blog, Inspired Vision.
- Cheap Bird Food (smoorns.com)
- Feed the Birds (trickygirl.wordpress.com)
- Any port in a (snow) storm! (howtospyonbirds.wordpress.com)
- Big excitement in my household this morning. (kaf8e.wordpress.com)
- Basic Bird Feeder Advice (discountbirdfeeders.wordpress.com)
- Winter Bird Feeding (lostrivercave.wordpress.com)
- Homemade bird food for our outdoor friends (newenglandpetguide.wordpress.com)
- Feeding The Birds (abirdersnotebook.wordpress.com)