Amidst the business of studying and packing, Richard and I stole away for one last visit to Burke Lake, just fifteen minutes from our apartment. Richard leaves later this week to begin a new job in another state. I won’t see him again for five weeks, at which time I will be joining him in our new home. Burk Lake is a place we go to when we need to breathe deeply, let go of our cares, mellow out, relax, enjoy nature and just “be.” This last trip to the lake was a spontaneous “hey, let’s go to the lake for a few minutes” trip. I will miss this lake, but I happen to know that our new city is peppered with beautiful parks and trails, and that there are state parks and sanctuaries nearby. For now however, I enjoy the photographs, remember the sweet moments we spent at the lake yesterday, and realize that I am grateful for Burke Lake.
- BLUE SKY PUPPET THEATER…Sat., July 16, 2011..10-11 am..Burke Lake Park Amphitheter (365thingstodoinnorthernvirginia.com)
- A Day at the Park (nilsandelspeth.wordpress.com)
- Shaver Lake Trip (rubenspost.wordpress.com)
- Sauble Lake Curve (bigbasslakemi.wordpress.com)
- The Peaceful Waters of Big Bass Lake (bigbasslakemi.wordpress.com)
- Fourth of July @ the lake (theworldofjoyce.wordpress.com)
- Day 2 at the lake – Sanbornville, NH (travelpod.com)